Tuesday 11 March 2014

A New Shelf


Last Sunday I popped over to the Milton Keynes Handmade and Vitage Show at the Central MK Shopping Centre with my mother in law, sister in law, Lola and her cousin. Although I had been to the show when it first started and wasn't too impressed, I thought we should give it another go and wow! this show has really moved on! 

It was free entry to a fabulous mix of stalls selling handmade and vintage items from retro vinyl to upcycled items, fashion, china, furnishing and jewellery. We spent ages pottering about looking at all the lovely things. Lola soon spotted a toy scottie dog on a stand and it was quickly tucked under her arm. He was just £5 and since bringing him home she has taken him to bed, dressed him and played with him constantly - a real bargain.


I meanwhile, had spotted some shelves that a lady (Sarah Bell of Salvaged Style) was displaying some small haberdashery items on. Now I have to admit I do have a penchant for shelves (even when I have no idea where to put them or what to put on them) and as you can see from the picture I had an immediate use for these! 


We think it is a postcard display unit with an honesty box made from beautiful oak which may have been in a church. I immediately knew that it had to come home with me whatever it had been in its former life, so after a bit of haggling the shelf was emptied and tucked under my arm! I think it looks fabulous in the shop - just like it has always been there and is the perfect place to display all the little knitting accessories.


et voila! my lovely new shelf filled to the brim with habby goodies


No comments:

Post a Comment