Friday 2 May 2014

Inspirational Trunk Show

Last Saturday was a truly inspiring day at the shop as we hosted a trunk show with the very lovely Louise Zass-Bangham (Inspiration Knits). I was a bit frantic in the run up -  baking cakes and trying to organise everything, but it was so worthwhile - the day was a great success!

Louise came early and set about displaying all of her beautiful samples - shawls and cowls, fingerless gloves and scarves - a whole range of utterly gorgeous samples that we all oohed and aahed over. She had a selection of her patterns, beads and of course the delectable Whimzy Sokkusu O yarn in some delicious colours (I of course, couldn't resist!) and she even bought cake!


Almost as soon as we were ready, knitters started to pour through the door and the shop was soon full of expectant people. Louise was kept busy giving advice on selecting colour combinations for her most popular shawl pattern which turned out to be Stay Awhile - a lovely easy two colour striped knit with a pretty beaded picot edge, perfect for sitting and 'staying awhile' at knitnight or indeed, for a spot of knitting in the shop.



I started my own Stay Awhile in Cabaret and Spring Storm and Max (knitIam) brought her shawl which she had already begun and we very soon had a bit of a knitalong going on! You can see from the pictures that Max's is quite a bit further along than mine, and looking stunning in Sokkusu O Thistle and Squink. I have a feeling that she might finish hers before me, but we'll see . . !

Our mini Stay Awhile Knitalong

Louise in her finished Stay Awhile and me casting on!
If you missed Louise this time I'm sure we can tempt her to come back for another trunk show later in the year - I'm told she is easily persuaded with a nice slice of cake! But, in the meantime if you'd like to read all about her version of events then head over to Louise's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a really lovely day Sue. I was disappointed that I couldn't make it. If you get Louise back later in the year I'll definitely try and come over.

    ReplyDelete